EMBEDDEDkits M-20P-1121A Module comes with a
pre-installed, Texas Instruments MSP430F1121AIDW ultra-low power Microcontroller. The
MSP430F1121AIDW has 4K of Flash Memory, 256 bytes of
SRAM, 14 I/O lines, 16-bit Watchdog Timer, 16-bit Timer, and Comp_A.
The module’s unique, operation-selection jumpers, connection options, and designed-in features make
it ideal for quick prototyping work, evaluation, or direct use in end-products.
Measuring only 1.9” x 7/8”, it can easily be connected to a Target Board by direct
wire attachment, or can be plugged-in a Target Board by using single-row headers and mating
sockets (both included). Pads for headers are spaced 0.7" apart.
unique feature of the M-20P Module, is the on-board circuitry to generate an Enable/Disable signal for controlling an
off-board 3-state buffer. This jumper-selected feature can be used to prevent possible
contention or unwanted interference between the MSP430 Microcontroller shared JTAG lines and
external I/O connections, during JTAG control/data exchanges.
Connection between the M-20P-1121A, JTAG connector and EMBEDDEDkits JT-EASY is accomplished with
cable FFC-10, included with JT-E100A and
JT-E100K. EMBEDDEDkits MSP430 M-Series Modules can
also be connected to a JTAG Interface Tool like the Texas Instruments MSP-FET430 FET
or a compatible tool equipped with a 14-pin IDC-type connector, by using
SoftBaugh JFPC Adapter.
And of course, we included the infamous “Mr. Blinky”, an on-board
tied to P1.0 via removable jumper. This LED is useful for visual demos, or to test if the Module is running.
Features and specifications:
- Small PC-Board, 1.9” x 7/8”
- MSP430F1121AIDW, 20-pin SOIC Flash Microcontroller
- Pads for cylindrical or HC49/US or HC49/U type
- On-board RC reset jumper
- Source of
power-in, or Target Board voltage sense-line output selection
- Enable/Disable line for off-board 3-state buffer
- 10-pin FFC/FPC JTAG interface connector
- Test LED, tied to P1.0 via removable jumper
- Pads for direct connection to Target
or to headers
- 0.7" o.c. connection headers pads spacing
What is included:
- Assembled and tested PC-Board
- 10-pin single-row headers
- 10-pin single-row sockets
- Operation selection headers
- Shorting blocks
- 32.768Khz cylindrical Crystal (not
- User’s Guide (quick-start, printed version) with
Download full version from website